Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: As if we needed another ics solution...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: As if we needed another ics solution...
From: "R. Miller" <richere@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:35:38 -0500

At 22:45 01-03-03 +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 04:14:53PM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> I haven't looked through the code to see how feasible this is, but...
>
> perhaps adding (as a server option of course) a production penalty might
> be a solution.

Isn't this the 'production waste' that Civ II apparently has?

--
Reinier (who doesn't know Civ II well)

From : Robaire (who knows Civ II really well)

Sorry, Reinier, but not quite.

In Civ2, Waste is strictly a function of government type (of course!)
and of distance from the capital, up to a maximum distance.

Waste is computed only on excess shields
i.e. what's left after unit support has been deducted.

Higher government types have less corruption and waste
(none under Democracy and Communism -
that must really bug the proponents of realism...)

Roads, railrods and courthouses reduce both.

Corruption is similar to waste except that the maximum distance
is greater -probably because two trade units equate to 1 shield.

Robaire