[Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 01:24:24AM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:32:14AM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:51:36AM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 03:22:59AM -0300, Martin Olveyra wrote:
> > > > 2 - reality: The raw matter or low level manufactured production goes
> > > > from
> > > > small cities to the bigger ones, which really make the highly
> > > > manufactured
> > > > goods.
> > > > freeciv abs.: the big cities builds the units, very quickly, and
> > > > in a
> > > > centralized way, and all kind of expensive improvements and
> > >
> > > Big cities should be able to build more than one thing per turn.
> > Shouldn't all cities be able to produce more than one unit per turn if
> > the shields were available? Otherwise we are just dealing with more
> > micromanagement.
> Just checked it. No. Only one unit is build per turn. Probably Sid
> Meier hasn't choosen this without reason. There are probably balance
> issues attached with this.
> An explorer costs 30 shields. A city larger than size 8 produces more
> than 30 shields. How fast can a city be pushed up to size 8 or 9?
Given that the point we're trying to address is the counter
undesirableness of size 8 or 9 cities, it doesn't sound unbalancing to
Consider that the current system is yet another reason to prefer 2 x
20 shield producing cities that 1 x 40.
Of course, it might be nice to have a tech advance and/or improvement
which allows multi-production.
While we're on this subject, I wonder if there could be a land
improvement (for lack of a better word it could be called an oil
pipeline) which is very expensive to build (e.g. 4 turns with an
engineer) but when you connect two cities with it, it transfers
(perhaps not all, perhaps not 100% efficiently) shield production from
one to the other.
Obviously these would be a first target for enemy pillaging. (might
make pillaging more exciting).
'Realistically' you might even expect railways alone to have this
effect. I suppose it could be a land improvement built on top of
railways, called 'industrial rail link' or something rather more
interesting than that..
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions,
Jules Bean <=
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions, Jules Bean, 2001/03/01
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions, Marco Colombo, 2001/03/01
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions, Michael Kiermaier, 2001/03/01
- [Freeciv-Dev] "KISSS (Keep it Small and Simple, Stupid)", Martin Olveyra, 2001/03/01
- [Freeciv-Dev] As if we needed another ics solution..., Mike Kaufman, 2001/03/01
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: As if we needed another ics solution..., Reinier Post, 2001/03/03
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: As if we needed another ics solution..., Michael Hasselmann, 2001/03/04
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: As if we needed another ics solution..., R. Miller, 2001/03/06