Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] As if we needed another ics solution...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] As if we needed another ics solution...
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:14:53 -0600 (CST)

I haven't looked through the code to see how feasible this is, but...

perhaps adding (as a server option of course) a production penalty might
be a solution.
Ex.: up to a certain number of cities, a chariot, for example, costs X.
If I would build Y% more cities, then a chariot would cost X+Y to build
(or whatever algorithm you choose, you could also make it discrete
increments)

Instead of all production, you might target just units, or all military
units or maybe just settlers.

I look at this in more of a playability context, rather than a realism
context, but I'm sure the realists can rationalize reasons why this might
be (corruption, industrial bloat, etc.)

--mike