Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: headers in po-files

To: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: headers in po-files
From: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:40:03 +0100

torsdagen den  1 mars 2001 19:53 skrev Gaute B Strokkenes:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > At 2001/02/28 10:17 , Erik Sigra wrote:
> >>The localization page says that the header of po files must have a
> >>fuzzy flag. No reason is given. check_po.pl complains about
> >>it. Other projects (gimp, kde) dont have it. Freeciv seems to work
> >>without it. Then why require it?
> >
> > I've seen things break -- gettext returning the wrong string -- when
> > the header is not fuzzy'd.
>
> That seems very odd, particularly since everyone else is doing just
> fine.  Perhaps you could be more specific?

I actually found such a case. If I have the header fuzzy marked, the city
report looks like in the screenshot cityreport.png. But when I remove the
fuzzy line, it looks like in the screenshot cityreportwrong.png, which is
clearly wrong. I didn't change anything else in sv.po between the
screenshots. This doesn't necessarly mean that headers should be fuzzy
marked. Maybe there is some other problem which is prevented from being
triggered by fuzzy marking the header?