Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions
From: "R. Miller" <richere@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:09:21 -0500

At 22:40 01-03-03 +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 10:42:31AM -0500, R. Miller wrote:

> Thought you would like to know - concerning marketplaces, banks, and stock
> markets
> At Deity level in Civ2, I find it almost impossible to switch to the
> Republic if every city
> greater than size 3 does not have a marketplace. I have to initially set
> the luxury level
> at 20% for the empire. The unhappiness level is overwhelming and the luxury
> boost of
> 50% from the marketplace is too important.

[...]

I didn't realise unhappiness was that important at deity level in Civ II.
This must feel like playing with Mike's nopox settings.  How hard is it
to do an effective game time chart (turns against actual time spent)
in Civ II?  It would be easy to add one to the civserver.freeciv.org
stats and this would allow us to get some idea of how various settings
affect the game time.

--
Reinier

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "actual time spent".
Do you mean the real time that I play the game, say 12 hours,
or the game years - 5 years per turn, for example ?

Robaire