Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions
From: Mathias Broxvall <matbr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:21:48 +0100

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Under the formula I'm using, A would only have 20 size-1 cities, not 100.
> It's *still* an advantage for A,  but it's not nearly as dramatic as your
> formula would indicate.

Yes, I was using somewhat extreme values just to demonstrate my point that it
feels wrong that the larger population you have in a city, the harder it
becomes to expand it (ignoring celebrations completly). Assuming availability
of a food surplus it seems logical that a huge metropolis should grow *faster*,
not slower than a small town.

Another effect of the current foodbox rules is that it is best to build settlers
in your smallest cities where  they cost less (eg. regrowing your population
unit cost less food)... I fell that this also is an "error" which would be
fixed by using a constant sized foodbox.

Had it not been that I'm sitting behind a firewall i'd set up a server with the
simple modification of using constant sized foodbox'es... I definitly think
this should be tested as an anti ICS ruleset.

/ Mathias Broxvall