Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness

To: deepone@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 02:53:40 -0500

Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, my patch is not in CVS and it needs some tuning but...
In the example ruleset in my patch it costs You many times more to build a new city than to build an improvement and every improvement can be worth lots of 'smallpox cities' (since it's effect is boosted)
I can't belive that smallpox/ICS could work with this...

Sure, that would probably work, because it directly addresses two important factors which make ICS viable.

My point: there are implemented ways to counter smallpox...
Unless You are certain that You have a better way You should test
what is instead of speculating about complex solutions...

I am against complex rules myself. If it can be fixed with minimal change, I am all for it.

I'm sorry, I just get a little annoyed sometimes when people talk to
much and do to little... ;) (I really shouldn't be - I'm like that
myself most of the time I guess :)

I am not sure to whom this is directed, but I do think this discussion is very necessary. We need more people to speak up and voice their concerns and opinions. I would be the first to admit it if I am proved wrong. Meanwhile, I do try to do whatever I can to help.

Mike