Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness

To: iquin@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:17:31 -0500

½²«íµØ <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just a thought:
Introduce two new variables in ruleset: food_ini and food_inc
Change equation for food needed to grow city to:
  food_ini + (food_inc * citysize)

This has already been suggested in another list. I think I will go ahead and try to implement it. It doesn't seem to be too hard to do.

Disclaimer: nothing has been tested

Sure. It has to be coded first. :-) I don't see anything wrong with it since it is completely backward compatible.

BTW, in Civ2 Multiplayer, there is an option to double food and production to speed up the game. Maybe it is something nice to have for those who think the game is too slow. Sure you can already decrease the foodbox, but more production may be important too. Again, this is untested also, so it might not be needed at all.

Mike