Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:13:02 +0100

On 2000-12-19 22:30:19, Mike Jing wrote:
> Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 07:42:26PM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> >>
> >>[...] curently there is no way to limit the effectiveness of ICS.
> >
> >This still remains to be seen!  There is a plan to run games with
> >alternative rulesets on civserver.freeciv.org, and players may even
> >be allowed to adjust them on the command line.
>
> Gotcha.  More than anyone else, I would be very happy if it could be done
> within the current rulesets.  Still, there is the possibility that the game
> is fundamentally broken in this aspect.

Well, my patch is not in CVS and it needs some tuning but...
In the example ruleset in my patch it costs You many times more to build
a new city than to build an improvement and every improvement can be
worth lots of 'smallpox cities' (since it's effect is boosted)
I can't belive that smallpox/ICS could work with this...

My point: there are implemented ways to counter smallpox...
Unless You are certain that You have a better way You should test
what is instead of speculating about complex solutions...

I'm sorry, I just get a little annoyed sometimes when people talk to
much and do to little... ;) (I really shouldn't be - I'm like that
myself most of the time I guess :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)