Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness

To: stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:58:27 -0500

Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 08:27:16AM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
AFAIK these big cities produce a *lot* of science. Reduce science
rate in the second half of the game and it will pay out.

Fundamentalism as implemented in Civ2 also benefits most from
extremely large cities.  (Built on demand by Republic/Democracy
celebrations!)  The simple phrase "no citizen is ever unhappy" is so
game-breakingly lame it's just scary. My suggestion for Freeciv is simply to make that "3 unhappy citizens per city are made content" or some similar lesser effect that doesn't rape the entire principle of Civ gameplay.

I guess nobody could dispute that. But then again, I could be wrong on that too.

If you live long enough to see it, that is. You would be too far behind early on and most likely eliminated long before this happens if you play against a good ICS player.

Am I missing something?  On a generator 2 world, it's going to take
you enough turns to research and build your Trireme + enough military
units that I will have produced an actual defense.

No, no, no. It wasn't you. It was me. It is just that I forgot how much I suck.

Sorry about all the whining.

Mike