Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Limited player information to client

To: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Limited player information to client
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:12:30 +0200 (EET)

 Send only information player is allowed to know conserning about other
players.

 There is four levels of information:

 INFO_MINIMUM: Infomration required by all clients; player name, nation
               etc.

 INFO_MEETING: Information gained for diplomatic meeting. This includes
               amount of gold and tech list.

 INFO_EMBASSY: Information gained through embassy.

 INFO_FULL:    All information.

 I consider making information levels customizable with future
patches. I mean to add something like this to game.ruleset:

[info_levels]
gold       = "Meeting"
techs      = "Meeting"
government = "Meeting"