Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Limited player information to client

Cc: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Limited player information to client
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:39:59 +0200 (EET)

 Ok, here's quick fix.

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Thue wrote:

> -Why did you add all that code to send_player_info() instead of just using
> send_player_info_c()

 All changes to send_player_info() removed.

> -You should add an assert in diplhand.c where you say you know the player who
> initiated the meeting has an embassy already

 Done, although this seems a bit overkill. Instead, problems may arise if
embassy bit is set without sending player info at all. I can't check that.
Maybe it should be sent here just to be sure?

> -You should not send a players global worklists to anyone except the player
> himself no matter what the infolevel.

 No changes here.

> -You should send information about the revolution state to players with
> embassy

 Done. Clients still lack capability of showing this information. Someone
should implement it later.

> -Your handling of shared vision information seem unclear.

 Some cleanup (removed a couple of junk lines left while I made that first
fix), but no changes to way it actually works. Problems you mentioned in
other mail, were fixed at that second version.

> -Mostly for artistic points: You send the player id as an int, but uses
> almost exclusively the player pointer. It seems to me you should use the
> player pointer as an argument to your functions. Also, use

 Done

> players_iterate(pplayer) macro.

 Done

> conn_list_iterate {
> } conn_list_iterate_end;

 Done

 I also made new function player_info_level(). Currently it is only used
at package_player_info() while adjusting info_level. It might be usefull
also when deciding whether one should call send_player_info() at all.

 Caz