Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Limited player information to client

To: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Limited player information to client
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:56:35 +0100

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 18:46, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> >  Send only information player is allowed to know conserning about other
> > players.
>
>  This version makes more sense concerning shared vision treaties.
>

>  Caz
>
> --

ok...

-Why did you add all that code to send_player_info() instead of just using
send_player_info_c()
-You should add an assert in diplhand.c where you say you know the player who
initiated the meeting has an embassy already
-You should not send a players global worklists to anyone except the player
himself no matter what the infolevel.
-You should send information about the revolution state to players with
embassy
-Your handling of shared vision information seem unclear.
-Mostly for artistic points: You send the player id as an int, but uses
almost exclusively the player pointer. It seems to me you should use the
player pointer as an argument to your functions. Also, use
players_iterate(pplayer) macro. Your indentation is misleading in
send_player_info_c(). And lastly, I personally prefer
conn_list_iterate {
} conn_list_iterate_end;
conn_list_iterate;
conn_list_iterate_end;
as it 1) makes the code more structured 2) makes my emacs autoindentation work

-Thue