Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:35:55 +0100

On 2000-12-18 18:34:43, Mike Jing wrote:
> Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >I dislike it as well.  And not just because I don't use it well, but
> >because it goes against the spirit of the game.  Why do we have all
> >these city improvements if they aren't used.  They are currently just
> >mirages for newbies to be led off track.  I would really like them
> >to be a part of the game.
>
> My sentiment exactly.  What disturbed me the most are the staunch defenders
> of this strategy that I met in the server.  I am worried that people would
> come to accept that this is the only way the game could and should be
> played, while in fact it is anything but.  It's great to see there are
> people who share my point of view.  I am feeling much better now.  :-)

It's natural that most of the people currently on the server are those
that like it the most the way it is... People who like to play with
rules other than the default does not have a place to gather in the same
sense - that does not mean that they are less frequent really...

If I have understood PaulZ correctly he will set up one (at least?)
"alternative" server using my metropolis patch or something like that
once the move is done... That would be really nice...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)