Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness

To: stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:39:00 -0500

Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are three current ways to speed up city growth.

1) disband a Settler into a city.  This is inefficient, as you blow
40 production points + other side effects for a net infusion of (city
size difference * 10) food.

That certainly is not a good idea if you can found a new city instead.

2) Build a Granary.  When a city grows, the foodbox is set to half
full, rather than empty.

Expenses, your Majesty....

3) Go to Republic or Democracy, and celebrate.  +1 Population per
turn.

That's exacly what I said to Zop, argurably a master of ICS. He replied:"That comes in too late. By the time you are ready to celebrate, my ironclads will be kicking you ass." And he was right.

If that's not fast enough for you, you have other problems. :)

Indeed.

Mike