Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple patches

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple patches
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 May 2000 15:38:32 +0200

Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx> writes:

[Nuclear plants and meltdown]
> Don't do it.
> This only adds more randomness (read: iritates users).
>
> Anyway, it never happened to me when I was playing civI nor civII,
> so I assume it wasn't really implemented or chance was *really* tiny
> (or I had a Fusion Power before building many NukePlants).

I must admit that it didn't happen to me either, but if you gain the
large pollution bonus in using nuclear plants in stead of regular, there
should be a disadvantage too, IMHO.

> > It's logical too, if you take their control-central, they can't control
> > the ship remotely anymore :)
>
> It's not logical.

Ok, so its not :)
But still I feel that it should be this way. You should be able to stop
his spaceship after launch.
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway