Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple patches

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple patches
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:37:32 +0200

> chatline.diff
>
>     This patch adds a picklist next to the chatline for the gtk client,
>     which can be used to set a recipient for private messages.  This is
>     simply a convenience thing, since you can send private messages anyway,
>     but I like it.  I haven't done the xaw or mui clients, beyond putting
>     in stubs so they still compile.

This one has two problems:
-Before the game has started the client has no knowledge of which players
are connected, and so the menu isn't used. This is not very serious, and
should not stop the patch from going into CVS IMO.
-When a player is removed during game (remove command in the server) the
menu isn't updated. This could be solved by adding a call to
update_chat_targets() in client_remove_player(), but as we (I) intent on
removing the remove functionality during gameplay anyway, this is not
serious either. (it is an endless source of bugs, as you can see)

-Thue