[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea

To: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>, Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:43:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Daniel Sjolie wrote:

> That is - You define groups, orders/actions and targets...
> Where a group might be all settlers on a island with orders to irrigate
> and target all grassland close to cities...
> Or a bunch of military units (hand picked or not) with orders to defend
> and target a list of tile/an area...

This is a fairly obvious idea, yes, but I can imagine the user-interface
being rather tricky, and the management becoming moderately complex.

What I like about the original idea is its beautiful simplicity.  All the
player has to do is mark out some areas as 'I'd like roads to be built
here', and the settlers automatically do it when they have time.

> You don't have to implement it all at once but it would be nice if
> whoever implements something like this for settlers kept the bigger
> picture in mind so that it would be easy to build on later...

Fair enough.

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Jules aka     | jules@xxxxxxxxxx              |  Richmond, Surrey   |
|  Julian Bean   | jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |