[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea

To: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>, Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:02:57 -0500

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 12:29:00AM +0000, Jules Bean was heard to say:
> Firstly, the server (or possibly client, but I think server) would
> maintain a list of all outstanding improvement requests, and note which
> ones had been 'bagged'.  'bagged' ones might later be back on the list, if
> the settler is intercepted and killed or taken off auto-mode.
>
> Then, I see two possibilities:
>
> 1) Each auto-settler without a job takes the 'first' -- 'oldest' -- job in
> the queue.
>
> 2) Each auto-settler without a job takes the job closest to it
> geographically.
>
> I think I prefer method 2.
>
> Jules

  There should also be a way for the player to prioritize actions, and perhaps
some actions should automatically get a higher priority -- I'm thinking in
particular of pollution cleanup, which you generally want to do ASAP.

  I *really* like this idea, though.

  Daniel

--
"...vicious Actions are not hurtful because they are forbidden, but forbidden
 because they are Hurtful, the Nature of Man alone consider'd"