[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:58:10 +0100

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
An: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2000 13:54
Betreff: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea

>Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> (For those of you who didn't know: Settlers in CTP don't build tile
>> improvements.  They only build cities.  Tile improvements are done
>> directly on the map through production points which have been diverted
>> into a "public works" pool.
>
>A friend of mine with tons of civ experience finds this the "dumbest
>idea ever", and I'm inclined to agree, can anyone see anything good
>about doing it this way?

It eliminates the micromanagement of settlers (in engineering role),
and you can build a long road in one turn, without have to remember
every turn what you wanted to do between turns.
(In addition, this is one thing you can do in a
CTP 2 player game while the other player moves).

You actually could do this in a way which does not break mpsciv
compatibility: the user can mark tile improvements on the map, and
autosettlers
move there the following turns to build the improvement.