[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:27:36 -0500

Karsten Held (Karsten.Held@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> This is indeed also one point why boats are so powerful. You can conquer
> cities
> without destroying them. So you get not only the opponents island for
> expansion
> but also the undestroyed cities. Is the non-decrease of the population really
> Civ1/2
> compatible?

Yes, as far as I remember there's no population decrease for air/sea
attacks in either Civ1 or Civ2.

Bombardments in CTP can decrease population, regardless of what type of
unit is bombarding.  (Of course, Freeciv does not have bombardment yet.)
(And the population decrease is *important* in CTP because you have
to disband most of the cities you capture so you don't go over the
magic limit.  Damn I hate that....)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers