[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Add ai_manage_diplomat().

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Add ai_manage_diplomat().
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:25:28 -0500

Tony Stuckey (stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>       Several OS distributions nowadays default to not allowing core
> dumps.  Check what ulimit says from your shell.

Oh, how *EVIL*! :-(

It seems that a (soft) core file limit of 0 must be hard-coded into
login, bash, xdm and/or one or more PAM modules (pam_limits.so sounds
likely... I'm going to install the libpam-doc package ASAP so I can
read up on it).  I can't find a config file anywhere that sets it to 0.
(In fact, I tried setting it in /etc/security/limits.conf but it had
no effect!)

Fortunately, it's only the soft limit that's 0; the hard limit is
unlimited.  So I put "ulimit -c unlimited" in my ~/.profile....

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers