[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea
From: Karsten Held <Karsten.Held@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:38:49 +0100

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> A ship can destroy the units in a city, but it cannot decrease the city's
> population

This is indeed also one point why boats are so powerful. You can conquer cities
without destroying them. So you get not only the opponents island for expansion
but also the undestroyed cities. Is the non-decrease of the population really
Civ1/2
compatible? Actually, I think that the population suffers much more from
boat/plane attacks than from attacks by land-based troops since their attacks
are not that accurate. So, if (besides the reduced movement points) the
boats/plane
firepower is reduced to one if attacking a city or defending it and population
is reduced by boat/plane attacks I think game balance improves.

Karsten