[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Beserk autosettlers, connectors that don't

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Beserk autosettlers, connectors that don't
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:33:35 -0500

Daniel Burrows (Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I've looked at the possibility of using
> autosettle to combat this problem, but several times now I've caught my
> autosettlers doing tremendously *stupid* things (leveling forests in favor of
> land that produces less shields, or -- my favorite -- converting an irrigated
> desert with an oasis (4 or 5 food, 1 shield IIRC) to a plains (2 food, 1
> shield))

Tile special resources are conserved across terraforming operations.
A desert with oasis will be converted into a plain with a buffalo or wheat
(I forget which).

Also, the grassland with shield is converted into a tile with a special
resource (*unlike* Civ2 where grasslands follow a completely independent
set of rules for the shield/no-shield).

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers