[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Beserk autosettlers, connectors that don't

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Beserk autosettlers, connectors that don't
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Feb 2000 10:38:20 +0100

Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Tile special resources are conserved across terraforming operations.
> A desert with oasis will be converted into a plain with a buffalo or wheat
> (I forget which).
>
> Also, the grassland with shield is converted into a tile with a special
> resource (*unlike* Civ2 where grasslands follow a completely independent
> set of rules for the shield/no-shield).

Since we are speaking of converting terrain with special resources,
can anybody tell me how the result is choosen, if the new terrain can
have different specials?

I was surprised to see that mountains with iron get converted into
hills with wine, rather then hills with coal.

--
        Massimo Campostrini,
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Sezione di Pisa.