Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city plan patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city plan patch
From: John-Marc Chandonia <jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:59:24 -0700

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 08:18:52AM -0400, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> re-tooling costs, etc. -- but whichever is decided for Freeciv, I'd prefer
> the penalty, or lack thereof, to apply equally to manual selection and
> automatic (worklist) selection.

Agreed!  BTW, according to comments in the code, the reason the production
points roll over at all is to prevent micromanagement (i.e. watching
for things about to be finished and moving workers around so that the
production comes out even).  By this rationale, the server should keep
track of "1st turn after build" and skip the penalty, as David said.
(And if the server keeps track it should automatically work with either
server or client-side build lists, as well as manual changes.)
Also, I haven't played Civ 2, so I don't know if anything rolls over there.

JMC
--
John-Marc Chandonia (jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)              We're everywhere...
Cohen Lab, University of California San Francisco       for your convenience.