Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city plan patch

To: John-Marc Chandonia <jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city plan patch
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:42:32 -0500

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 11:08:23AM -0700, John-Marc Chandonia wrote:
>> d)   Ability to build units; for example build two after building Barracks
>> II.
>>      This is tricky if Musketeers are not yet available or have become
>> obsolete.
>       I thought about this, but couldn't think of a good idea for now.
> As a player, the stupid AI building choices bothered me more!  Note that
> the city plan doesn't interfere with building units; the player can notice
> when a barracks is built and switch to a unit; the plan will wait until
> the next time a building gets built.

        The stupid AI building choices are often caused by the stupid AI
weighting of Production points over all else.  The AI rarely builds
Marketplaces, Banks, or Stock Exchanges, preferring instead to build
Factories and Colosseums, which it then has to steal from Science Research
to pay for.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.