Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city plan patch

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city plan patch
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:17:59 +0200

Corin Anderson wrote:

[...]
> * I realize that there is interest in a general-purpose scripting feature
>   for the client, and that worklists would be supplanted by such.
[...]

Whatever you will do, please do not rely on fact that server and client
is able to run same script language. More - if client will run some
scripts of it's own, it should be totally opaque to server.

I'm quite selfish at the moment - I'm thinking about my java client. If
you will add some optional scripting language to client that's good -
maybe I'll provide java scripting or something similar. But if you will
exchange guile/perl/python/whatever scripts with server, it will be a
big problem for me :)

Artur