Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...

To: deepone@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:25:53 +1000 (EST)

Daniel Sjolie wrote:
> On 1999-07-20 20:52:13, David Pfitzner wrote:
> > Daniel Sjolie wrote:
> >
> > > Implementation of solar plant...
> > >
> > > Eliminates pollution generated from production in a city.  It also
> > > increases the shield production of a Factory or Mfg. Plant in the
> > > city. Together with a Hydro/Power/Nuclear plant this means a 200%
> > > production bonus.
> >
> > This doesn't make a lot of sense to me: shouldn't Solar Plant
> > just be an "electricity provider" of the same sort as
> > Hydro/Power/Nuclear?
>
> Indeed...
>
> > Why would it give even more production?
>
> Even more?

Currently Hydro/Power/Nuclear (and Hoover for Hydro) all give
the same effect, and you only get that effect _once_.
(Eg, if you built Power you get a production bonus; if in another
city you then build Hoover, the first city gets the Hydro/Hoover
pollution benefit, but it doesn't get any extra production bonus
over that provided by Power.)

I would have thought Solar Power would just join the
Hydro/Power/Nuclear group, rather than given an extra
production bonus on top.

Regards,
-- David