Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...

To: deepone@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:52:13 +1000 (EST)

Daniel Sjolie wrote:

> Implementation of solar plant...
>
> Eliminates pollution generated from production in a city.  It also
> increases the shield production of a Factory or Mfg. Plant in the
> city. Together with a Hydro/Power/Nuclear plant this means a 200%
> production bonus.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me: shouldn't Solar Plant
just be an "electricity provider" of the same sort as
Hydro/Power/Nuclear?  Why would it give even more production?
And I'm not sure it should eliminate _all_ pollution?
If it does, that makes Mass Transit and Recycling a bit
useless, doesn't it?

Are these rules based on Civ2?  If so maybe this could be
activated in a separate civ2/buildings.ruleset, rather
than putting it straight into 'default'.

-- David