Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civ 2 map tile format

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civ 2 map tile format
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:46:29 +0200

Andy Black wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been looking through the image files used in civ 2.
>
> file: terain 1
> basic terain tiles

> file: terain 2
> directional tiles

> total full sized tiles used by civ 2 for maps: 46 for terain 1, 76 for
> terain 2, 122 total (reduced to min num of tiles needed)
>
> BTW: the freeciv total is around 190.
>
> Andy Black

Question:
How are border transitions handled ?
Is it like this: 1st tile that is all plains and
2nd tile that is plains with borders on each side ?
So that the special tiles are constructed from quarters
of both tiles ? (Which seems straightforward when using diamond shaped tiles).

--
Support the Campaign to Save Iridium Telecom -
phone Beavis 0049191088888888180332332 for a good time.