Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:19:54 +0200

On 1999-07-20 13:14:22, Daniel Sjolie wrote:
> On 1999-07-20 20:52:13, David Pfitzner wrote:
> > Daniel Sjolie wrote:
> >
> > > Implementation of solar plant...
> > >
> > > Eliminates pollution generated from production in a city.  It also
> > > increases the shield production of a Factory or Mfg. Plant in the
> > > city. Together with a Hydro/Power/Nuclear plant this means a 200%
> > > production bonus.
> >
> > This doesn't make a lot of sense to me: shouldn't Solar Plant
> > just be an "electricity provider" of the same sort as
> > Hydro/Power/Nuclear?

Text from civ2:

Solar Plant
Increases Factory output by 50%, and eliminates all pollution caused by
Shield Production. Helps to slow the onset of global warming by
absorbing atmospheric heat.

Maybe that 200% is too confusing, huh?

I'll replace it with something like that...
Could we get sued if it's too close? :)

Ok, this patch should be ok patch-wise... :)
Added a civ2 directory to data and left default alone...
You should run autoconf, automake and/or aclocal...
I don't really know in which order...
I just tend to run then randomly til it works... :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)