Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationalities

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationalities
From: Heikki Kantola <hezu@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:08:36 +0300

According to David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > On Jun 11, David Pfitzner wrote:
> > > associate AI characteristics with _leaders_, and to
> > > allow multiple possible leaders (chosen randomly) for each race.
>
> > This is a good idea; it also gets around the Civ issue of designating
> > Stalin as default leader of the Russians (a: he was Georgian, and b: I
> > doubt a large percentage of Russians would call him their greatest
> > leader in history).

Concerning the point a, there's similar pattern in city names, Russian
cities include couple which are now Ukrainian and Belorussian despite
that they've once been part of the Great and Magnificien Soviet Union
and also some Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish ones are listed as
English, although the flag used for that nation is the Union Jack of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland...

> > A few alternative personages would be appropriate
> > and reasonable for most of the civilizations (though I'd be hard
> > pressed to name any Babylonian leaders other than Hammurabi...).
>
> Gilgamesh.

Hmm, was he really a true historical person or just a mythic hero of
tales?

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <Heikki.Kantola@xxxxxx>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan