Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Nationalities

To: Alexandre BERAUD <a_beraud@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Nationalities
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:41:28 -0500

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 05:43:25PM +0200, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:
> And what about an option to disable it while multiplaying ?
> I remind you once again that CivII used to have differences between
> nationalities, and I even think that these differences were not
> strong enough. If these rules could be fun for Orcs and Melniboneans,
> why not for human nations ?

        Oh, they were strong enough.  A "Perfectionist, Civilized" nation
was quite different from a "Warlike, ???".  I don't remember all of the
attributes right now, but the Romans were quite different than the Zulus.
        In most of the games I played, the Zulus wound up like the AI in
Freeciv -- 1800 military units of inferior quality being rolled over by my
more modern units.
        The Indians were definitely Peaceful, too.  Usually, we'd have
friendly relations for hundreds of years, then the space race would start
and they'd drop Nukes.

        What would you like to see as differences?
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.