Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion for diagonal rail connection...

To: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion for diagonal rail connection...
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:43:58 -0600

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 01:10:34PM +1100, Mitch Davis wrote:
> Tony & wrote:
> >         In Civ1, it was 1/9 cost.  Roads were 1/3.  So no, you're not
> > mistaken.
>
> Are you sure about that?  The movement cost in CivNet (which has the
> same rules as Civ I) is 0.

        All right.
        I must be absolutely senile.
        I loaded up Civ1 and looked at the civilopedia, and it notes that RR
movement is 0.  I didn't try building one and moving along it, but I have a
clear memory that the cost was not 0.  Sigh.  It sucks to be old and
forgetful at 27.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.