Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city_nn patch

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city_nn patch
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Nov 1998 11:01:01 +0100

Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I like the idea to genetate the city_0 names, is it possible to integrate
> the patch that was submitted here with your own?

You mean Falk Hueffner's?  I didn't look at it.

> BTW what about Massilia/Marseille?

I was planning a general overhaul of the city names, but somehow I
never found the time...  Is anybody willing to visit a library and
contribute city names?  As I see it, since e.g. the French ruler is
Napoleon, we should have a list of the 50 (or 100) most important
French cities in Napoleon's time.  If a non-programmer wishes to do
this, I can take care of the technical part.

        Massimo