Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city_nn patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city_nn patch
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:53:03 +1100

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> This patch (against Nov-17 CVS) should not break anything, and could
> be included into 1.7.2.
>
> --Multipart_Wed_Nov_18_09:17:30_1998-1

I found one minor problem with this city name patch: (as well as the
known client srand problem)
Currently there are a few places (eg, the "choose a name for your
new city" dialog, the city report, maybe others) where city names
shouldn't be longer than... 15 (?) characters.

And some of these new names are.  (Actually, of existing names I've
noticed "Clermont-Ferrand" is a touch long too.)

Should we increase the maximum city name length a bit and fix
up the relevenat places, and/or filter out some of the longer names?

-- David