Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city_nn patch

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] city_nn patch
From: Dee Jay Randall <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:18:24 -0600 (CST)

  Stolen from yahoo and infoplease:

  400 american_cities.txt
  105 chinese_cities.txt
    9 egypt_cities.txt
 1174 english_cities.txt
  217 french_cities.txt
  322 german_cities.txt
   34 greek_cities.txt
  107 india_cities.txt
   37 russia_cities.txt

  These are modern names, so they don't fit the "important during
ruler X's time period" suggestion. The american names are in order
of estimated population circa 1996, so the first ones are the biggest.
The others are in alphabetical order.

  Hopefully these are helpful.

  PS: I have attached them in a tar.gz (12K). I hope that's not
considered too large for the list.

  randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  "While reality is neither black and white nor    |
                       { }  right and wrong, those are the only ideals     { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }  against which we can evaluate our decisions."  { }