Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: omniscience problem

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: omniscience problem
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:09:57 +0200

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 04:37:16PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> > > NOOOOOOOOO! Thisis  the  wrong  direction....
> >
> > This is what I thought but didn't say anything.
> >
> > Going in the direction of removing omniscience, I'd say
>
> Not going to happen. Sorry. The present AI is built on the omniscience
> assumption, and making it work without it requires nothing short of a new
> AI.
>
> So take this as a given, and rather ask the question: How to best
> implement this omniscience?

Well what bothers me in not the AI omniscience in the first place, but
that/how much this is revealed to the client.

I want a clear interface between server and client where nothing is revealed
that is opposed to the rules. So if you make the full map available to the
client, I think *that* is the wrong direction.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/