Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:40:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > Why not? Courthouse help a lot. I measured this.
>
> Share your measurements with me. I am highly sceptical. I still think in all
> situations either a temple or a marketplace are far better builds than a
> courthouse.

Sorry, the code for these measurements is hidden in some code I wrote to
implement gen impr for buildings, which doesn't work anymore. I calculated
the exact benefits from various buildings, and the results were a bit
surprising: Marketplace often had little use as long as cities were small,
while Courthose could have much bigger impact, depending on distance to
capital. Also (since I estimated impact on all cities for each building
considered) I found that moving your palace often could help more than
either...

> > Really smart settler code would lay path finding over tiles that need to
> > be roaded, and then road on your way to your city founding.
>
> You had a patch that implemented smarter settlers. Did you do this? Are you
> sure this is that great an idea?

No, and no.