Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:14:33 -0800 (PST)

--- Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> > 2: 99:Wang Gon
> > 2:               Settlers: 11 * 40 = 440
> > 2:               Warriors: 13 * 10 = 130
> > 2:               Barracks: 4 * 40 = 160
> > 2:   total = 730 shields
> > 2: 99:Guntis Ulmanis
> > 2:               Settlers: 19 * 40 = 760
> > 2:               Warriors: 1 * 10 = 10
> > 2:               Diplomat: 22 * 30 = 660
> > 2:               Barracks: 19 * 40 = 760
> > 2:             Courthouse: 5 * 80 = 400

Why is this AI civ building Courthouses? They should not be built ahead of
improvements like marketplaces/temples, if at all.

> Even worst that these shields aren't used to built settlers they also
> penalize the AI even further by costing upkeep. Wang Gon and Guntis
> Ulmanis both have to set tax rate to 80% to get enough gold. Richard
> Lionheart has to sell barracks every third turn even with 100%
> tax. Genghis has 100% tax and +-0.

Known problem. I'm not sure on how to fix it. I don't want the AI building
coinage everywhere again, or selling improvements. Ideas? More caravans is the
best I have come up with. Not brilliant.

The only other idea I have is more marketplaces in Cities producing > 1 gold.
Having settlers build roads first, then irrigation in squares used by own
cities is another possibility.

> Same game after some more turns (the first player has just finished
> building one library) (however the AI doesn't build librarys in any
> other city):

The problem lies in the AI building library in the first place. First comes
marketplace/temple! Much later, if at all, should any civ be building librarys.
And only in cities where it makes sense.

> 2: 165:Wang Gon
> 2:               Settlers: 43 * 40 = 1720
> 2:               Warriors: 16 * 10 = 160
> 2:               Barracks: 19 * 40 = 760
> 2:             Courthouse: 11 * 80 = 880

Bad! 11 Courthouses is not good.

> 2:   total = 3520 shields
> 2: 165:Guntis Ulmanis
> 2:               Settlers: 22 * 40 = 880
> 2:               Warriors: 1 * 10 = 10
> 2:               Diplomat: 217 * 30 = 6510

What the??? 217 diplomats is far from ideal. Per, the no of reserve diplomats
needs to be reduced. By 75%, concentrating spys in the outermost cities.

Aloha,
RK.

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Rudyard Kipling