Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:48:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Why is this AI civ building Courthouses? They should not be built ahead of
> improvements like marketplaces/temples, if at all.

Why not? Courthouse help a lot. I measured this.

> Known problem. I'm not sure on how to fix it. I don't want the AI building
> coinage everywhere again, or selling improvements. Ideas? More caravans is the
> best I have come up with. Not brilliant.

Caravans are way up in the tech tree from what we're discussing. The AI
does build caravans a lot when it can.

> The only other idea I have is more marketplaces in Cities producing > 1 gold.
> Having settlers build roads first, then irrigation in squares used by own
> cities is another possibility.

Really smart settler code would lay path finding over tiles that need to
be roaded, and then road on your way to your city founding.

> > 2: 165:Guntis Ulmanis
> > 2:             Settlers: 22 * 40 = 880
> > 2:             Warriors: 1 * 10 = 10
> > 2:             Diplomat: 217 * 30 = 6510
>
> What the??? 217 diplomats is far from ideal. Per, the no of reserve diplomats
> needs to be reduced. By 75%, concentrating spys in the outermost cities.

No way normal cvs AI code could produce this. Raimar, can you check it?
Must be bug somewhere.