Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Measure the AI ability to harvest resources
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:59:59 -0800 (PST)

--- Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> >   - The AI is way too fond of making boats and going overseas to make
> > cities, wasting a lot of time.
> >   - The AI stupidly assumes both harbour and offshore when placing cities.
>
> Makes some sense...

This is actually a good idea. If the AI does not build coastal cities it will
fall badly behind in making ships. This will cost it the game in island style
maps, which is the default.

DO NOT FIX THIS!

> >   - The AI reserves a too big field around its cities, making cities at a
> > too big distance to each other.
>
> This means AI doesn't do ICS, which is a good thing.  If you change it,
> make it dependable on citymindist, please!

Ack. I hate the idea of ICS. I hated the original AI style, which Per wants to
revert to.

Aloha,
RK.

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Rudyard Kipling