Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: MythTV et al (was Re: Ideas for June Meeting?)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: MythTV et al (was Re: Ideas for June Meeting?)
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:55:28 -0500

I recommend the Hauppauge 250 tuner card, it is the standard that MythTV
was made for.  The CPU needs to be about 2Gb or more.  I would suggest
512Mb of RAM.

If you want to have a front end & a backend, then the backend needs to
be faster since it will have the tuner and recording the TV programs.
The frontend is to watch the TV programs and burn to CD or DVD.  Atleast
that is what I have read and heard about.

I haven't tried and Xbox, but from what I have been told the MythTV is
simular to the Xbox home entertainment system software.

I'm hoping that we can get enough interest to get the PVR group going
again.  ~Anne