Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: Ideas for June Meeting?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Ideas for June Meeting?
From: gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:09:23 -0500

On Jun 10, 2005, at 9:06 AM, ironrose wrote:

> I will see if I can add another fan or 2.  The CPU is an AMD 3000+ on a
> Shuttle mobo, 1Gb of RAM, 160Gb hard drive.  I had thought that the
> problem might be the kvm switch, but the pc is actually locked up.  I
> will check the bios power management settings.  I tried to turn all
> power mgmt off.  I just bought the RAM from newegg and I don't know how
> I can test the ram other than trade out ram.  ~Anne

google for memtest ... the first two are memtest86 and memtest86+ ...
cant' remember which we used to use at stratitec, but it's just an iso
you burn to a cd ... then you boot off the cd and it runs (and runs and
runs and runs...) ... most of the times my machine at work was acting
up while compiling RPMs, we tested the RAM and it turned out to be bad
RAM ...