Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: MythTV et al (was Re: Ideas for June Meeting?)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: MythTV et al (was Re: Ideas for June Meeting?)
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:39:39 -0500

Most people to record in HD also record in a higher resolution.  Many
people who record HD programs on the DVR box find that the program can
take 2 or 3 times the amount of hard drive space.  It is like a picture
at 800x600 resolution is usually smaller that a picture at 1027x768
resolution.  There will more info; more shadows and color gradations
causing a larger file size.  I don't want to record in HD, digital is
fine with me and the files can be compressed.
Analog recording is ok, it doesn't look that great and it doesn't have
compression.  I plan on connecting a digital box to my MythTV box so
that I can get recording in digital.  ~Anne