Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: MythTV et al (was Re: Ideas for June Meeting?)

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: MythTV et al (was Re: Ideas for June Meeting?)
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:55:09 -0500

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 15:31 -0500, Matt Pankratz wrote:
> Does the Hauppauge 250 do HDTV?  If not does anyone know of a good HDTV
> capable card that works with Myth?

The HD-3000 card from pcHDTV works well for HDTV on Linux
http://www.pchdtv.com

It is about $170 but is exclusively for Linux (No support for Winblows)

I got one, installed in on my FC3 box and it rocks.

It also is still available without the crippling drivers that may be
required soon if the powers that be (read FCC) have their way with HDTV
cards.