Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: RedHat 7.2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RedHat 7.2
From: Wayne White <WWHITE1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:23:45 -0600

The weird thing that I ran into with 7.2 was that it gorked the
Orinoco wireless PCMCIA card I had been using quite
successfully under 7.1 on a HP Omnibook laptop.

7.1 recognized it during the install, as well as the onboard
NIC, and set it up perfectly. When I upgraded to 7.2 the
onboard NIC was still fine,but the wireless LAN card was not
to be found. I tried a fresh install of 7.2 and it still didn't
recognize the Orinoco.

Then I tried manually installing the wireless driver, which had
gone smoothly with Mandrake, but no such luck. I'm ready to

Just my 2 cents worth,

wayne