Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: RedHat 7.2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RedHat 7.2
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:27:28 -0600

Under Linux an iso is just an exact copy of the cdrom. It can be created
from a  CD using dd, or it can be created from a hard drive directory
tree using mkisof. The result is the same.

To burn the CD use cdrecord and burn the iso image directly to the CD.
   cdrecord -v -eject speed=12 dev=0,0,0  image.iso
And I sit back for about 6 minutes while it burns the 650 mb CD for me.

Under windows it is similar but varies depending on which burner
software you are using.
I have used adaptecs software as well as Nero with excellent results.