Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: RedHat 7.2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RedHat 7.2
From: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:16:38 -0600 (CST)

> David Wiebe wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 15 November 2001 20:39, you wrote:
> > >
> > > They were both iso images so I made a couple of coasters before I figured
> > > out how to burn a usable disk.  An iso CD is worthless.
> > >
> > I thought they were useless too, but I played with it a bit and was able to
> > mount it as a loopback device.  (I didn't have the luxury of reburning
> > it...) Too late for you, but maybe we aren't the only two who've burned
> > iso's.
> >
> > This is from memory and .bash_history, so your mileage may vary:
> >         mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
> >         losetup /dev/loop0 /mnt/cdrom/*.iso
> >         mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/Loop
> >         cd /mnt/Loop
much easier:
mount -o loop /cd/image/file/here.iso /cdimage/mount/dir/

xcdroast hasn't seemed to like iso images unless they have the extension .raw
(in earlier versions)
now, (.98 releases) just go to create cd and chose write tracls, then select
the iso from the layout tracks, accept it then switch back to the tabbed write
tracks menu, and burn it. (disclaimer: MUCH easier if Xcdroast is sitting up in
front of you to understand, and assumes the iso images are in the directorys
xcdroast is setup to use)
either that or use:cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=x iso.image (after checking
options of course)

James L